Cristiano Ronaldo, CR7 has again set another record after scoring a brace and his club Juventus reaches 100th goal across all competitions in 2018 in the Bianconeri’s 2-1 win against Sampdoria on Saturday, December 29.
Ronaldo’s brace in the match also pushed him to the top of Serie A’s goal scoring chart with 14 goals.
The 33-year-old gave Juventus an early lead in the 2nd minute after collecting the ball on the edge of the left-hand side of the box before planting a low-curling shot past Audero in goal for Sampdoria.
But as Juventus failed to convert series of chances that came their way in the first half through Ronaldo, Dybala and Matuidi, they soon found themselves on level terms as the referee awarded a penalty to Sampdoria after a consultation with VAR.
Up step Mr reliable, Quagliarella, who equalized for Sampdoria in the 33rd minute from the spot to go into the break on level terms.
At the resumption of the second half, Ronaldo hit the woodwork in the 59th minute with a brilliant effort but he wasn’t going to be denied again as he gave Juventus the lead in the 66th minute scoring from the spot.
However, Juventus thought they were denied a win in their last game of 2018 right at the death as Saponara forced the ball into the net for Sampdoria in the 92 minute.
But the referee ruled out the goal after consulting with VAR to the delight of fans.
- Christiano Ronaldo wins Serie A Player of the Year, made another history
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates his first Serie A title win with Juventus
- Rape lawsuit against Christiano Ronaldo dropped by his accuser
- FIFA slams life ban on referee who officiated Nigeria vs Argentina over bribery, match-fixing
- Juventus plotting to buy PSG star Kylian Mbappe .