The meeting comes in the wake of Obasanjo’s scathing letter, in which he accused the president of taking Nigeria back to the Sani Abacha era.
“Criticism, choice and being different are inherent trade mark of democracy. If democracy is derailed or aborted, anarchy and authoritarianism will automatically follow.
He also alleged that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is colluding with INEC to rig the 2019 general elections.
Former president Goodluck Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, ex-military head of state, and Ernest Shonekan, former head of interim government, are also attending the meeting.
- Buhari is sick in the Body, Mind and Spirit-Obasanjo tells BBC
- Just IN: Amina Zakari clears air on relationship with Buhari
- Buhari declares that he is far more educationally qualified than Atiku.
- Suit seeking to stop Buhari’s Inauguration Dismissed.
- Oshiomole attempts giving excuses on why all APC governors boycotted Buhari’s Campaign Council Meeting