Reports reaching us is that two container loads of election materials caught fire at the INEC office close to the Dr. Alex Ekwueme Square in Awka, the state capital this on Tuesday afternoon, February 12th.
The cause of the fire outbreak is unknown as men of the fire service are currently battling to put out the fire.
According to reports, the container contained card readers meant for this Saturday, February 16th presidential election.
This incident comes few days after the INEC offices in Plateau and Abia state were gutted by fire in recent times.
The fire incidents related to electoral materials in the recent weeks has increased dramatically which raises cause for serious concern.
The credibility of this coming election could be in grave danger.
The story is still unraveling, we will update you when we know more.
- 4,695 Card readers were destroyed in Anambra fire-INEC
- Atiku presents evidence of election result from INEC Server
- 2019 Elections-Delta NGO Bags Milestone partnership with INEC.
- Breaking- Petrol Tanker On fire at Awka Anambra state. Many feared dead.
- Six feared dead as four storey building collapses in Onitsha