In a Press Release,Cornel Osigwe,Head Corporate Communications Innoson Group announnced that the Government of Sierra Leone Patronised Innoson Vehicles
The statement reads
Last weekend, Saturday, May 4th, 2019, a delegation from the Government of Sierra Leone paid an official visit to Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd Nnewi.
The delegation was led by the Mr. Edward A. Soloku- The Honourable Minister of Internal affairs who is the supervising minister in charge of their Police affairs.
The factory visit was in response to an earlier official visit made on April 9th, 2019 to Sierra Leone by Chief Dr. Innocent Chukwuma OFR on the invitation by the Sierra Leone President, His Excellency, Rtd. Brig. Dr. Julius Maada Bio.
During the facility tour of the factory, the head of the delegation, Hon Soloku expressed satisfaction on the facilities he and his team saw on the factory as well as the production capacity of Innoson Vehicles and said “truly Africa has come of age to take care of itself without foreign aid”.
The Hon Minister further requested that Innoson vehicles should come and establish a company in Sierra Leone.
Hon Soloku equally assured Innoson Vehicles that the Sierra Leone Ministry of Defence and The Police Department have concluded plans to order Innoson Vehicles for its operational purposes’.
Furthermore on the visit was Mr. Isaac Ken-Green, General Manager of Sierra Leone Road Transport Corporation (SLRTC) who requested that Innoson Vehicles should partner with the SLRTC in other for it to render its services more to the country.
The SLRTC equally came into Nigeria with samples of their broken down buses spare parts which they want Innoson vehicles to supply them.
Below is the list of the delegation from the Government of Sierra Leone
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE DELEGATION
(1) Colonel (Rtd) Simeon Nasiru Sheriff – Deputy Minister of Defense.
(2) Brigadier General Usman Turay – Assistant Chief of Defense Staff Support and Logistics.
(3) Lt Col Muctar S. Tejan – Military Assistant to the Deputy Minister of Defense.
(4) Major Brima Davowah Sama- Commanding Officer, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Workshop.
THE POLICE DEPARTMENT DELEGATION
(1) Hon. Minister: – Mr. Edward .A. Soloku
Minister of Internal affairs.
(2) Mr. Patrick A.T. Johnson -Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG)
(Head of Operations)
(3) Mr. Daniel.A. Bongroh – Chief Superintendent of Police CSP
(Head of Transport and Technical)
(4) Mr. Prince Henry Ansumana. – (Assistant Superintend of Police ) ASP.
(Head of Procurement)
SIERRA LEONE ROAD TRANSPORT CORPORATION (SLRTC) DELEGATION
(1) Isaac Ken-Green:
General Manager (SLRTC)
(2) Mohamed Tejan-Kella:
Head of Finance and Manager (SLRTC)
(3) Osman Kanu:
Head of Operations and Technical Manager (SLRTC)
Also in the delegation are Mr Maxwell Lamin Marah (Sierra Leone) and Mr Joseph Emeka Orji (United Kingdom).