In less that two days after he signed a bill splitting Kano Emirate into five, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje has appointed four new Emirs in Kano State.
The new emirs of Kano are
- Aminu Ado Bayero- (Bichi),
- Ibrahim Abdulkadir -(Gaya),
- Tafida Abubakar- (Rano), and
- Ibrahim Abubakar -(Karaye).
Ado Bayero is one of the sons of the predecessor of Muhammadu Sanusi, the incumbent Emir of Kano.
A statement from the state Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba, says the new Emirs would receive their letters of appointment and staff of office at a ceremony at Sani Abacha Stadium tomorrow Saturday May 11th.
Meawhile, the move have been said to be an attempt to “cut Lamido Sanusi’s” wings”. Emir Sanusi who is the current sole emir of Kano is obviously not in good terms with the state governor therefore Ganduje is doing everything he can to diminish his influence and relevance, reports say.
- Kano High court declares Ganduje’s appointment of new emirs null and void
- Nollywood Actress Chache Eke-Faani welcomes third child, a boy
- (graphic photos) 19-year-old arrested for kidnapping, drugging and killing his 5 year old cousin in Kano