The Federal Government of Nigeria has announced plans to shut down the Akanu Ibiam International Airport due to security reasons.
Speaking in Lagos at a stakeholders forum on Friday, Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika explained that the airport will be degraded for international operations, because the runway length is not ideal for such operations.
According to him, the market, television masts and free trade zone needs to be relocated for the airport to be fit for safe flights.
- Obasanjo reveals what he did when Ethiopian Airline aircraft almost crashed
- (photos)Again EFCC Arrests 13 yahoo boys With Benze and laptops in Edo
- Photo: 30 year old Man arrested for killing his father with cutlass
- Runtown -International Badman Killa mp3
- (photos) Suspected killer of UNIZIK female student arrested by Police