Coronavirus scare in the country hit a frightening phase on Wednesday, March 18, as fives more cases of the global epidemic were reported, barely twenty-four hours after the Ministry of Health announced the third case.
The new cases were confirmed by the special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on new media, Tolu Ogunlesi.
In a series of tweet, Ogunlesi said four of the victims are Nigerians who just came from the United States of America and United Kingdom.
The presidential aide also claimed that one of the four new Nigerian victims is a 6-week old baby — the youngest victim reported so far. He added that the fifth victim is a “foreign national who came in through the land border — the first case of infection via land border in Nigeria.”
Coronavirus test has been carried out in 10 states since February 27 when the first case was reported.
Although some suspected cases tested negative, the last five days have seen the country dive into the red zone as more cases- confirmed or suspected- were reported in some states.
For now, Here are the states with confirmed and suspected cases of the Covid-19 epidemic.
1. Ekiti: Ekiti state has recorded its first case of coronavirus with the victim testing positive after driving an American citizen from Ibadan.
2. Edo: there are only suspected cases in Edo , though the state government says all hands are on deck.
3. Enugu: There is no confirmed case of coronavirus in Enugu as the state government announced that the test result of the suspected case in the state is negative.
4. Plateau: The Plateau government has announced that all 43 suspected cases in the state are negative.
5. Katsina: Coronavirus cases are still suspected.
6. Kano: Kano state commissioner of health, Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa, said that the three rumoured cases of coronavirus were confirmed negative, adding that the state remains free from the coronavirus.
7. Lagos: Lagos unarguably tops the coronavirus index as not less than eight cases have been reported in the state.
8. Ogun: Ogun state has one case of coronavirus and many suspected cases.
9. Yobe: Coronavirus case in Yobe state is still suspected.
10: Ondo: Ondo state government has confirmed that there is a suspected case of coronavirus in Akure, the state capital.
Ministry of Health in Katsina disclosed that the suspected case of coronavirus in the state has turned out negative.
This is coming after the state government announced it’s first suspected case of COVID-19. Engr Yakubu Danja, the state commissioner for health speaking to journalists on Thursday, March 19, said the result of the test was negative. While advising residents of Katsina state to be calm, Danja added that there was no other confirmed case of the virus in Katsina at the moment.
This post was last modified on March 19, 2020 3:33 pm
Davido’s rumoured second son which he had with his rumoured fourth baby mama, Larissa London celebrated his first birthday. His…
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday March 22, alleged that the unfriendly attitude of health workers in the country to patients…
Are you a jambite or a fresh candidate looking for the cheapest federal Universities with lowest School fees in Nigeria…
Former US President Donald Trump and his ex-lawyer Rudy Giuliani have been served in a civil rights lawsuit accusing them…
Church members and wedding guests in a church in Port Harcourt engaged in a verbal fight when the pastor refused…
The main opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party; Yoruba Socio-political group, Afenifere; and some individuals have expressed surprise that 10 governors…