President Muhammadu Buhari has suspended Walter Onnoghen as chief justice of Nigeria (CJN).
He has sworn in Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed, from Bauchi state, as the new CJN.
Mohammed is the next to Onnoghen in the order of seniority.
Buhari said the suspension was based on the order of Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on January 23, 2019.
Mohammed was sworn in inside the council chamber of the presidential villa in Abuja.
The swearing-in ceremony was done after the president signed the new executive order 007 on the Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme.
Mohammed was driven into the forecourt of the president’s office in a black Mercedes Benz C240 with number plate GWA 900FA at 4:30pm.
We will update you as details emerge.
- Suit seeking to stop Buhari’s Inauguration Dismissed.
- Mbaka Asks Nigerians to Vote buhari again.
- Just In: PDP guber aspirant decamps to APC in Kano
- Atiku releases a “list of 30 corrupt Individuals” working with Buhari. (Full list)
- Barely 48hrs After his Suspension,PDP’s deputy national chairman defects to APC, Visits Buhari .