Organizers of Ghana Music Awards have banned Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy Indefinitely from the annual event.
The ban was announced at a press conference the organizers of the awards held on Thursday in Accra to brief the press about the outcome organizers have taken.
Announcing the sanctions for the two dancehall artistes, chairman of the VGMA board 2019, Nat Brew Amandzeba said the two artistes are also to return the award plagues they won on the night of the event.
He said that Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale have lost their legibility for VGMAs nominations, selections and performances. He noted that the decision was taken after “careful deliberations” and “extensive consultation” with stakeholders in the music industry.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale clashed on stage when Stonebwoy was announced the winner of Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year. In the ensuing confusion, Stonebwoy pulled a gun; an action he explained later in a press statement as self-defence. The two were subsequently arrested and detained.
Recall that Shatta Wale was banned in 2013 from the VGMA because he maligned the board of the awards scheme. The ban was only lifted last year, 2018.
- Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy settles beef after their fight at Ghana music awards (Photo)
- Praiz- Hustle ft Stonebwoy mp3
- JAMB 2019 UTME result is finally out! (see Result Checker and instructions)
- Bobrisky’s new movie risks ban as FG board sets up 3 panels to analyze it.
- British model, Demi Rose flaunts her perfect curves in sheer Bikini(Photos)