Chicago Police Spokesman, Anthony Guglielmi has revealed that the two men investigators have questioned as persons of interest in the alleged attack on actor Jussie Smollett, are Nigerians who have also appeared on the show “Empire”.
In a tweet on Thursday, Guglielmi said “the people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time.”
The men are said to be Nigerian brothers and were questioned by police after flying into O’Hare airport from Nigeria on Wednesday evening, Guglielmi said.
Police said they searched the men’s apartment two nights ago.
You may also like;
Smollett, one of the stars of “Empire,” told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who yelled “racial and homophobic slurs.”
He alleged that one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him before running away.
Police previously released surveillance images of two people they said were wanted for questioning.
Meanwhile, many reports in the press have questioned the credibility of the complaint the empire star.
Some do not believe that the attack happened at all.
Follow us on all social networks @Ifeknows.
You may also like :
- Jose Mourinho Gets a New Job after ManU sack.
- Like Victoria Bateman, Rachael Johnson Goes topless for Brexit Protest.
- Woman flogged a child to death and buried him secretly.(photos)
- Jussie Smollett planned and paid for own attack- police says
- All Charges against Jussie Smollet dropped. Chicago Mayor Fumes
- Another ‘Empire’ actor arrested in Chicago (Mug Shot)